Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thing #21 Podcasts and Audio Books

My students have used Photo Story for creating final products after researching a topic, and they love it! Headsets with microphones are a must. They let students record without worrying about extraneous noise, and it helps keep the noise down when they add music and listen to their show. I normally make a PPT. of the new Bluebonnet books each year to introduce the books to my students, but I decided to try out Photo Story for this project instead. At first it was way too long. I went back and recorded less and spoke faster. The jury is still out on whether it is still too long!

3 comments:

VWB said...

Nice job as always...maybe a tad long for using in a class setting, but the slide bar allows you or any reader (like me ) to slide thru to find certain titles.

I can't wait to see what you have your kids produce!

fsm said...

Great idea to use the slide bar to navigate through the slides! Thought I would try to link this to a Bluebonnet Blog I want to set up for my 4th and 5th graders. Guess it's a good thing I can't link it to my DotNetNuke site or I wouldn't be forced to think of 2.0 alternatives! :-)

VWB said...

well, believe it or not I think DNN would be considered 2.0 in some respects.

guess you have heard the DNN guru is gone...don't know who is in charge yet...will be looking to you to help me remember "details"