Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing #11 LibraryThing

I liked the tour on this site and the quick sign up (without lots of personal questions to answer!). I can see using this site as a way to remember books I’ve read when it comes time to recommend a good book to colleagues and friends. It was easy to spend an hour or two exploring all of the reviews, the groups, the blog, and cataloging some of my favorite books. I couldn’t stop at just five. I especially like the feature where the user can click on an author’s name in “Your Library” and view a picture of the author along with personal information and a list of other books (with reviews) the author has written. I linked my library list to my blog just for fun. When students eventually have their own blogs, they will enjoy sharing their favorite books in the form of this visual reader's advisory!

5 comments:

Grendel said...

I really enjoy LibraryThing, and i like to see what others are reading. I like the Jodi Picoult book you selected, but I have never been able to get interested in the Mitford series. I read and ree-read The Clan of the Cave Bear, though.

Grendel said...

My typos are awful--I; re-read
Sorry about that. My comments don't say much for my education.

fsm said...

Was it Nineteen Minutes (I think it should be required reading for all high school aged students, so that they can understand the horrible consequences of bullying!) or My Sister's Keeper? Have you read any other of the Earth's Children series? If so, what was your favorite? The Clan of the Cave Bear was my favorite of the series. I will have to take a peek at your LibraryThing list!

Grendel said...

I think it was My Sister's Keeper--really good. I have Nineteen Minutes checked out right now but haven't started it yet. Maybe tomorrow.... I haven't read the other series you mention, but I will have a look!
Thanks! :)

atxteacher said...

I have really enjoyed all of the Jodi Picoult books I've read. She has a clear voice - once you've read a couple you can really hear it. I read My Sister's Keeper first and got hooked. I just listened to Nineteen Minutes on CD. The only time I find to read is when I'm in the car alone! Oh - and I really enjoyed the Clan series, but they can be a bit embarrassing to listen to on CD! There's just something different about hearing it all read aloud!