Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing #8 RSS Feeds and Readers

What do I like about RSS and newsreaders? Most of all, I like the idea of having someone (something) out in cyberspace helping to organize my online life for me. I have noticed on several blogs that they have a list (or two) of favorite blogs, and there are notations beside some of the blogs that something new is available. I like that feature. Any timesaver is a bonus. So many blogs, postings, information…so little time!

I would like to use this technology to keep up with not only the blog postings of the SBISD Library Services kickball captains, but also other blogs about school librarianship and children’s literature by authorities in the field, other school libraries and their students, and personal blogs of friends. I find it interesting to look at and explore the blog lists of blogs I enjoy reading to find new favorites.

Teachers and students with similar interests to other bloggers could use the RSS to keep tabs on what others are doing and/or learning. For the reluctant or beginning blogger, using a RSS reader would be a way to get his/her feet wet with the technology without feeling “blogged down!”

No comments: